Alfredo Chicken Lasagna
This is a different take on Lasagna. The spinach and chicken offer a unique flavor combination that isn’t as heavy as traditional dishes. We like to substitute eggplant in place of the noodles.
1 package (16oz) lasagna noodles
1 package (10-12 oz) frozen chopped spinach
2 boneless chicken breasts
2 jars (16 oz) Alfredo Pasta Sauce
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 container (32 oz) ricotta/cottage cheese (try a mixture of half each)
1 teaspoon each Pepper, Salt and Garlic Seasoning (mix in the ricotta/cottage cheese)
Optional: Try adding drained mushrooms, sautéed onions or eggplant (sliced thin)
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package (large pot of salted boiling water) – Drain
2. Cook spinach according to package (microwave for several minutes) – Drain and press out liquid
3. Cook chicken breasts and shred (grilled, boiled, baked – your choice)
4. In a deep 9 x 13 baking dish, start layering – Noodles, chicken, ricotta/cottage cheese, spinach, sauce, mozzarella cheese. Repeat. Repeat.
5. Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes or until top is bubbly and browned
** Alternate way to make:
- Use 2 cans of chicken (drain and shred)
- Thaw spinach – drain and press out liquid
- Use noodles uncooked
- Layer as above but extend bake time to one hour
Lynne B says
Chicken alfredo is my daughter’s favorite and I love ricotta – winner winner chicken dinner. (sorry, i’m tired)
Chantelle Knick says
Oh my gosh! This looks delicious! I can’t wait to try this out….thanks for sharing!
Rebecca Parsons says
Chicken alfredo happens to my daughters favorite meal. And another daughters favorite is lasagna. This is a winner that would appeal to both of them. Great recipe thanks for sharing it.
This looks so good and I can’t wait to try this one. Great alternative to beef.
Jamie N says
This looks yummy.
april willard says
I am so excited to try this recipe thanks so much for posting it!!! looks so so yummy
love lasgna a nd never thught to use chciken
Kristina L. says
I love the taste of chicken with spinach.. Yummy! This will be a definite try in my house 🙂
william saylor says
This looks yummy I will be making it.
Tammy Woodall says
Wow, I never thought about this combination before… I know I love Chicken Alfredo and definitely love (“regular”) Lasagna – combining the two looks delicious. I’m definitely printing this recipe right away. Thanks for the recipe.
Karen Lange says
Thank you for this recipe! I’ve been in a cooking rut lately and am looking for new dishes to try. 🙂
Cindy Brickley says
My husband makes an awesome lasagna and he would love this recipe as an alternative from the norm. Your recipe looks so yummy.
This sounds so good. I love chicken alfredo and this new twist on it is a must try for me.