Bacon Mushroom Cutlets
What goes together better than bacon and mushrooms in a cream sauce over your favorite meat? Yum! Throw together some rice and a side salad to finish off a quick dinner. This is a quick and easy dish to whip up when you are seeking comfort food.
You can use any meat you want with this dish, but if you can flatten it out it will cook evenly and quickly. If your meat has bones you will need to add to the cooking time and make sure to check the inside temperature. I love making this with cube steak or pork cutlets. They stay tender and cook up really fast.
- 1/4 cup melted butter (1/2 a stick)
- 4 cutlets – turkey, chicken, pork or cube steak
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped and divided
- 4 slices bacon (cut in half)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (or drained can)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- Pour melted butter and minced garlic in baking dish.
- Roll both sides of the cutlets in the butter. Salt and Pepper both sides to taste.
- Layer bacon and mushrooms on top of each cutlet.
- Bake @ 400 uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bacon is done. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Pour juices from baking dish into a saucepan making sure to scrape all the little tidbits off the bottom of pan. Stir in the cream and warm over medium heat, being careful not to boil the cream or it will break. Spoon over cutlet or on rice or noodles for a wonderful sauce.
Like this post? Make sure to like and share this post with your friends using the share buttons because you know they would love these recipes as well!
Join the rest of our fans on Twitter, Pinterest, BlogLovin and Facebook!
Make sure you don’t miss our Daily Newsletter. It only takes a minute to sign up and you’ll get (1) email with a summary link to posts for previous day.
This is perfect! I have all the ingredients and it sounds delicious! So glad to see it doesn’t call for cream of “something” soup too, since I don’t buy the canned stuff 🙂 Thank you!
Yes I agree.. the cream of something works in a pinch but just a little flour and cream make a better tasting gravy.
Dorothy Teel says
Bacon mushroom cutlets sounds wonderful I think I will try it with some cubed pork steaks, for dinner next week, and it does not seem to be hard to make, of course they say anything with bacon is better.. lol