Being big coffee lovers in this family means trying new brands, flavors, roasts and even recipes that use coffee as an ingredient. We recently were experimenting with a sweetened condensed coconut milk and decided to make a recipe called Brazilian Coffee with it.
- 1 TBSP chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 (11-14 oz) can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 C. strong brewed coffee
- 5 C. water
- Melt chocolate hazelnut spread and condensed coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir well until combined.
- Slowly add in the brewed coffee and the water.
- Stir slowly and heat until warmed through, but not boiling.
This Brazilian Coffee recipe makes a sweet and delicious coffee drink that would be perfect for after dinner. It definitely is a sweet drink, and I love the hint of coconut mixed with the cinnamon and nutmeg too.
Some of us topped ours with a little whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg on top. It’s a great sipping coffee (unlike the hot coffee consumed in mass quantities in the morning), perfect to end a long day.