Cones for the Cure
I am so excited to announce that The Cure Starts Now and Graeter’s are teaming up once again for the annual Cones for the Cure campaign. The campaign will take place September 7-17 at participating Cincinnati, Dayton, Cleveland, Chicago, Columbus, Indianapolis, Lexington, Louisville and Pittsburgh Graeter’s locations.
As part of their continued support for The Cure Starts Now, Graeter’s will be giving away free scoops of Elena’s Blueberry Pie ice cream (available at limited locations) to customers two times during the campaign period. Elena’s Blueberry Pie is a special flavor that was created in honor of 6-year-old Elena Desserich, the inspiration behind The Cure Starts Now.
During Cones for the Cure, guests that visit a Graeter’s store during the campaign period have the opportunity to donate a $1 or $5 “Cone for the Cure.” Graeter’s will also offer a $20 savings booklet for every donation of $5 or more to The Cure Starts Now.
Last year, over $136,000 was raised in just two weeks! Crazy awesome! This year the goal is $150,000. Let’s help them reach it.
This year the #conesforthecure photo challenge is on again!
Here’s how it works:
- Like the “Cones for the Cure” Facebook page and upload a picture of yourself posing with your Graeter’s ice cream to the Facebook page between 9/7/17 – 9/17/17 (pictures of questionable nature will not be eligible for the contest). You can also tweet your photos and share them on Instagram.
- All photos must use #conesforthecure to be considered.
- Pictures are the property of The Cure Starts Now and all sponsors and may be reproduced or used without permission or payment of any kind.
- Have fun! The more entertaining you are the better chance you have of being mentioned on air by our media sponsors.
- The top 5 photos will be selected by WLWT and 96 Rock by 9/17/17 for final voting by followers of “Cones for the Cure” Facebook page. The picture with the most “likes” wins. The grand prize winner will receive a Party Pack of ice cream courtesy of Graeter’s. The winner will be announced on 10/1/16 on the “Cones for the Cure” Facebook page.
About The Cure Starts Now and Elena’s Blueberry Pie Ice Cream:
Started in 2007 in tribute to a 6-year-old girl named Elena Desserich, The Cure Starts Now Foundation has revolutionized cancer research worldwide with its focus on a homerun cure for all cancers. The Cure Starts Now has funded over $6.7 million in groundbreaking pediatric brain cancer research. With 26 chapters in 3 countries, The Cure Starts Now is making a difference in the fight against cancer. The Cure Starts Now has also been recognized by The Today Show, Good Morning America, CNN, People Magazine, Inside Edition and media worldwide for the inspiration it offers to all that fight cancer.
Elena’s Blueberry Pie Ice Cream was named after Elena as part of a wish donated by Graeter’s to The Cure Starts Now’s annual Once in a Lifetime Gala & Auction. The Groteke family won the wish and invented the flavor in 2008. Elena’s heart painting is the inspiration for the pint design. A portion of the proceeds from every scoop benefits The Cure Starts Now.
This promotion is kicking off on Thursday, September 7th. Make sure you have “liked” Cones for the Cure on Facebook and on Twitter so you can be the first to get the “inside scoop” about free ice cream days, giveaways and more! We will be sharing the information too so make sure you are following us on Facebook and Twitter as well.
Photos and promotional information provided to SimplySherryl as a media outlet. For more information, please contact The Cure Starts Now.