Crisp Vegetable Chips
I am a salty crunchy type of person. My favorite snacks are always salty and crunchy. These Crisp Vegetable Chips meet both of those requirements AND I can make them at home! These would be great as jar gifts too.
While there isn’t an actual recipe, the following vegetables were included at portions based on either availability or flavor profile of the one making it. It is NEVER the same at our house! One of our girls uses 50% carrots while another loads up the sweet potatoes when she makes it. Just go with what you like to munch on!
1. Wash produce and peel if you don’t like the skin
2. If you are talented, slice the vegetables in 1/4 inch slices – otherwise get out your Mandoline or your food processor (just go with the food processor to save time and knuckles)
3. Place sliced vegetables in a large bowl and lightly drizzle Canola oil (grapeseed and coconut oil add a hint of flavor too) and gently toss to coat vegetable slices
4. Spread out on dehydrator trays and process on medium heat until done (can also place in oven @ 200 degrees until done) – Depending on your dehydrator this could be anywhere from couple of hours up to 8-10 hours.
5. Lightly salt to your preference (LOVE sea salt on ours)
If you have any left once the masses attack, store in an airtight container or jar.
Do you have a favorite dried vegetable? How do you process it? Share with us in the comments, we are always looking for other ways to preserve food products.