Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
This Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup makes a ton of soup! I would call this a comfort food. Salty, warm base with tons of veggies, noodles and chicken. Sings of comfort and love from a bowl!
If you are looking for something to make ahead, cook this without the noodles and then freeze it until needed. Bring to a low boil and toss in the noodles. Cook for 10-15 minutes and you have an awesome sop to serve with sandwiches. I like to take this in the crockpot to group outings or to the homeschool coop meetings.
- 5 cups of chicken broth (boxed or can)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (or our Homemade Cream Soup Mix)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4 celery stalks, diced
- 3-4 carrots, diced
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag Egg noodles (any type of noodles)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced (2 cans cooked chicken)
- Toss everything in the crockpot through the seasonings, stir well
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until carrots are fork tender
- Add noodles and chicken to crockpot and cook for another hour or until noodles are done
- This soup has a clear broth base, if you prefer a more creamier broth, try our Homemade Cream Soup Mix.
- This soup can also be made on the top stove in less than 30 minutes. Cook everything except noodles until carrots are tender. Add noodles and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
Thank you for sharing this recipe with us, it sounds delicious!!!!