Love Granola? My crew does! Our base mix is usually the same and we toss in different things based on the season. I have a large tub of granola in the pantry which continues to grow, change and reflect the snacks we are enjoying! Just a handful of nuts left in a bag? Toss them in. Did the kids open a box of cereal but they are not thrilled with it? Mix it in!!! We often find cereal is a great dry snack.
- 3 cups oatmeal
- ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup sunflower or sesame seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup chopped nuts (mix of your choice – up to about a cup)
- 1/4 cup water
- ½ cup coconut (or other dried fruit)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir well.
- Transfer into a cookie sheet, ungreased. Toast in the oven, stirring after 10 minutes. Continue to check and stir every 5 minutes until browned. The granola will continue to darken as it cools so don’t over brown it. You can just shake the pan well while cooking.
- Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
For variety: Add cinnamon or dried fruit.
Christy Peeples DuBois says
I am so glad to have found this recipe for granola. I’ve wanted to try making granola but all the recipes I’ve found have a ton of ingredients and are so involved. This one looks like I can do. Thanks.
Anat Paz Kotler says
I love granolla
Sky Evans says
This looks so healthy and delicious! I’d love to try it.