Mashed Potato Puffs
It’s that time of year when mashed potatoes are a major side dish for any family meal. Whether they are made from scratch or come from a box, we love them! But I hate to throw them out or keep them in the fridge when no one wants to eat them the next day. Let’s face it, they are better when they are hot and fresh, right? I thought so too, until I found a recipe for mashed potato puffs, using cold leftover mashed potatoes and turning them into a delicious appetizer or side dish!
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
- 1 heaping cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- Optional toppings (cheese, bacon, chives, etc)
1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF and spray your muffin pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and the sour cream together; then add both kinds of cheese and the chives.
3. Add the mashed potatoes and blend everything together, adding salt and pepper if your potatoes weren’t already well seasoned.
4. Fill the muffin pan with the potato mixture in the cups, almost to the top.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until they are golden brown and pulling away from the sides slightly.
6. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then turn them out onto a plate or platter for serving.
Serve with sour cream, bacon, and extra cheese and chives if desired.
These come out beautiful! And it’s a great way to reuse your leftover mashed potatoes or if you want to transform your instant potatoes from a box!
You can also change it up depending on your tastes, like adding garlic or hot sauce, or make in different sizes for a party or holiday meal.