Pasta e Ceci with a Twist
I love pasta. My crew all love pasta. You should see the tubs of pasta in my basement. I thought we had every kind available in the general store until I saw this one. I love the ribbon pasta! Having used pasta as a filler and to stretch dishes since way back when we were a family of nine, sometimes eleven. That is A LOT of mouths to feed! This dish, Pasta e Ceci with a Twist is new to me. It looks wonderful and we will be working it in our meal plan this month but I wanted to share this recipe with you as it would be a great fit in the line up of under 300 calorie dishes for the National Nutrition Month that the National Pasta Association (NPA) is promoting.
• 4 oz. pappardelle
• 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
• 2 tsp. finely chopped rosemary
• 14 oz. (half a jar) prepared favorite tomato sauce
• 3 oz. prepared hummus, perhaps flavored such as roasted red pepper
• ¼ cup/¼ oz. chopped parsley
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pappardelle according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
2. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and sauté the garlic and rosemary until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
3. Add the tomato sauce and hummus. Stir and simmer for a few minutes for the flavors to meld. Taste and adjust seasoning.
4. Stir in the pappardelle and toss to coat. Divide between 4 bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
Doesn’t this Pasta e Ceci with a Twist look wonderful? The recipe and image was shared with us through the National Pasta Association (NPA) and the Kellen Company. Credit for both are entirely theirs but I can’t wait to make this dish.
This is one of three recipes were are sharing for the National Nutrition Month. The others are:
Warm Moroccan Spiced Couscous Salad
Italian Wedding Soup with Swiss Chard, Carrots, & Tomatoes
Here is a tutorial video on on three dishes:
Linda Manns Linneman says
This sounds wonderful. It also sounds very easy to make. Thank yo for this recipe