Adorable Chick Decorated Nutter Butter Cookies
Is there anything more adorable than a baby chick? The answer is no, and I’ll prove it to you with this recipe. In this post, I will teach you how to make your very own cute little chicks out of Nutter Butter cookies. They’re a fun craft that the kids can help with too! This project is perfect for Easter’s coming up, or any time of year when you need a craft that the whole family can enjoy together. Let’s get started and learn how to make adorable chick decorated Nutter Butter cookies!
1 package Nutter Butter cookies
2 (12 ounce) packages yellow candy melts wafers
Yellow sparkling sanding sugar
Mini chocolate chips
Orange and yellow Mini M&M candies
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. Melt candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
3. Drop cookie into melted candy and turn to coat completely. Remove cookie from candy with candy dipping scoop, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess chocolate to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick.
4. Slide the coated cookie onto the baking sheet. Immediately decorate with sugar sprinkles and candy. We even have instructions on how to make your own sanding sugar!
Tip: Using a toothpick and/or sterilized tweezers makes placing small candy easier.
5. Allow cookie to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results.
Store in an airtight container as room temperature.
With Easter fast approaching, you may be looking for a sweet treat to give your loved ones. Our adorable chick decorated Nutter Butter cookies are perfect for this occasion because they can be made by the whole family and enjoyed with friends or on their own! Will you keep them all for yourself? Or will you share these tasty treats with others? Let us know in the comments below!