Red Gold Tomato Texas Caviar Salad
The Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies and fresh cilantro take this dish to the next level. Because it is super easy to toss together, this is one of my go to dishes for any get together.
Great packed in a lunch bag with chips or bread. Single serving cups make this a dish that travels well too!
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 can Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro, chopped (parsley or cilantro or combo)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2-3 teaspoons minced/jarred)
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) black eyed peas, drained
- 1 bottle Zesty Italian dressing
Optional items to change it up:
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped (with or without seeds) – watch the heat if chilies are hot from tomatoes
- Combine all items, mix well
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chill – if you can keep the crew out of it!
Serve with chips, as a side dish or in single serving cups!
This will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days.