Red Gold Tomato Texas Caviar Salad
The Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies and fresh cilantro take this dish to the next level. Because it is super easy to toss together, this is one of my go to dishes for any get together.
Great packed in a lunch bag with chips or bread. Single serving cups make this a dish that travels well too!
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 can Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro, chopped (parsley or cilantro or combo)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2-3 teaspoons minced/jarred)
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) black eyed peas, drained
- 1 bottle Zesty Italian dressing
Optional items to change it up:
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped (with or without seeds) – watch the heat if chilies are hot from tomatoes
- Combine all items, mix well
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chill – if you can keep the crew out of it!
Serve with chips, as a side dish or in single serving cups!
This will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
Sandra Watts says
This looks like a delicious dish. Thanks for the recipe.
Jerry Marquardt says
This recipe looked so good, and so I am going to make it this coming weekend. I thank you so much for the share.
Amber Ludwig says
Yummo!! Im a big bean fan so I would absolutely adore this!! Looks amazing and so fresh!!
Sarah L says
And now I can make this for the Super Bowl!! Denver Broncos are going to the Super Bowl!!!
This looks very yummy. I took a salad similar to this one to a BBQ and it was a huge hit. There is not a bunch of mayo, and other fats, so people really liked the change of pace. I will keep this on hand for my next BBQ.
Elizabeth H. says
This looks great. I know it tastes great!!
Betsy Barnes says
This is a really easy recipe, with a lot of flavors. I am going to bookmark it, been searching for an easy, new summer side )
Pauline Gorczycki says
LOOKS REALLY GOOD MUST TASTE GOOD TO.