Slow Cooker Spiced Nuts
The base recipe for these is the same as candied nuts. The spice mixture is added at the end just before spreading out to cool.
I usually split the batch and add the spice to half and leave the other half candied. You can make these as spicy as you like simply by increasing the spices or by adding in a little ground cayenne pepper.
Basic candied recipe:
1 lb Nuts (raw – your choice)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Combine all in baggie and shake to mix – Set aside until nuts are ready to cool – dump nuts into baggie and shake to coat with spice mixture
1. Set slow cooker to high while gathering items
2. Place nuts in bottom of slow cooker, drizzle melted butter over nuts and mix until well coated
3. Mix in the powdered sugar, stirring to coat evenly
4. Place lid on and allow to heat up on HIGH for 15 minutes
5. Drop the setting to low, remove the lid and continue to cook until the nuts are enclosed in a crisp glaze – (depending on temp of slow cooker- should be 1.5- 2 hours
6. Carefully dump the nuts onto a sheet of foil or parchment and allow to cool
Like this post? Make sure to like and share this post with your friends using the share buttons because you know they would love these awesome recipes as well!
Make sure you don’t miss our Daily Newsletter. It only takes a minute to sign up and you’ll get (1) email with a summary link to posts for previous day.