Chorizo Scrambled Egg Taco Breakfast
Looking for a great family breakfast or an easy meal for guests? Try these Scrambled Egg Tacos. They are super easy to make and everyone can create their own version.
My little ones love creating their own plates and there is nothing on or in these that my crew do not love. I enjoy offering them items they enjoy eating, it just makes meal time fun.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chorizo links (about 7 ounces)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup cilantro, divided
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- 10-12 corn flour tortillas
- Chipotle Tabasco (suggestion for topping)
- Mix sour cream, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and put aside.
- Char tortillas over gas flame or directly on electric burner until blackened in spots, turning with tongs. Place in IMUSA tortilla warmer or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In an IMUSA non-stick sauté pan add olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Sweat onions for about one minute and add diced chorizo
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until chorizo is browned.
- Add half of the cilantro and all of the cooked chorizo to beaten eggs and mix. Bring eggs back to the IMUSA pan and cook on low heat, mixing from time to time.
- Place cooked eggs, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes and remaining cilantro in separate bowls and lay them out throughout the table with the warm tortillas.
- Allow your guests to assemble their own breakfast tacos
Set everything up for the crew and sit back watching them enjoy breakfast. This recipe is also one of my favorite breakfast for dinner or even as a late night snack.
Recipe and Image Credit by IMUSA through 5wpr
Richelle Leffler says
This looks delicious
Kay M. says
These look amazing! My family loves chorizo with breakfast. I’ll have to try this recipe. We have plenty of eggs, from all our chickens.
This looks good and tasty. I might add some hash browns to it also. I think it would be an excellent starter to your day.
rich morris says
this sounds like a really good breakfast 🙂
Allyson Becker says
These look amazing. I could eat breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Christy Peeples DuBois says
As I was reading this I thought I would do this for dinner also then I read you said the same thing. This sounds really good.
Lynne B says
OMG, yummy! We love spicy chorizo!
Melinda Berlin says
I’m going to have to make these minus the cilantro, can’t seem to acquire a taste for it. Thank you =)