Delicious Nachos at Home!
One of our favorite dishes to get when we eat out is nachos. Sometimes with meat, sometimes with veggies, we’ve even had dessert nachos! In a search to make our favorite dish at home without taking a long time, and hopefully get some veggies in there, I came up with a recipe for delicious nachos at home.
Remember my other post about trying the Southwest Style protein blend with Steamfresh® from Birds Eye®? It quickly became a house favorite from the first time we tried it. It’s a great combination of whole grains, black beans, corn, lentils, red bell peppers, and sauce. It’s terrific just cooked in the bag in the microwave and dished up with your meal.
I thought this would be the perfect addition to our nachos because it’s a terrific mix of healthy vegetables that already “belong” with this flavor profile plus you can’t beat the convenience of having them already seasoned and ready to eat after warming.
Delicious Nachos at Home
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 bag of the Southwest Style Steamfresh® Protein Blend
- Corn chips
- 2 cups spicy cheese, shredded
- Spices (cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, etc)
- Sour cream & jalapenos (optional)
1. Brown the ground beef, yellow onion, and spices in a skillet until cooked through. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. Microwave the bag of the Southwest Style Steamfresh® Protein Blend following the directions on the back of the package. (Note: you can warm these on the stovetop as well if needed)
3. Place a handful of chips to your plate or bowl and top with a spoonful of the beef mixture.
4. Add a spoonful (or two) of the Southwest Style Steamfresh® Protein Blend.
5. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream and jalapenos.
Remember, you can alter this recipe to fit your family’s tastes and preferences, like warming the corn chips first or making a large tray of the nachos and warming them before serving. You can even leave off the meat and still get your protein with the Southwest Style Steamfresh® Protein Blend!
Your local Meijer stores carry these products in their freezer section. Here is a list of the 8 flavors of both the Flavor Full and Protein Blends:
- Barbecue Sweet Corn
- Ranch Broccoli
- Teriyaki Broccoli
- Buffalo Cauliflower
- Southwest Style
- California Style
- Italian Style
- Asian Style
Be sure to check out all the different flavors, whether you make our delicious nachos at home, use them as a side dish, or transform them into another recipe for the family to enjoy!
Birds Eye® new products: Steamfresh® Flavor Full and Steamfresh® Protein Blends – in 8 varieties!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Birds Eye® . The opinions and text are all mine.
Thanks for this recipe! It looks delicious…like the use of the Steamfresh Veggies! I think this would make a great dinner!