Gourmet du Village Dipping Party
Anyone who follows my blog knows my family loves to cook, eat, and celebrate with friends and family. This past Memorial Day was no exception! Not only did we have our usual parade viewing at the end of our street, but then we also had our annual family cookout in the back yard. But this year was even better, since we held the Gourmet du Village dipping party!!
Beginning in 1982 Mike & Linda Tott started creating special blends of Herbs & Spices in their country farmhouse kitchen in the village of Morin Heights, located north of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. What began as a hobby, blending select spices for traditional Christmas recipes, selling at local farmers markets and Christmas fairs, has grown into a cottage industry.
Today bringing those same great tastes and recipe ideas to a growing market all across Canada, the United States and beyond… Despite the passing of 30 years the company values have not changed; ‘We add the taste to the basics in your pantry or fridge’ is as correct a statement as it was 30 years ago, bringing you good taste to share with your family and friends.
Gourmet du Village products have won several awards over the years from Canadian and national food shows. Their dip mixes are mouth-watering, as well as their luxurious food products, including: baked brie, baked cheese, seasonings, barbeque, hot chocolate mixes, cheeseballs, chocolate & candy, desserts and baked products.
So my house is off a main street of our city which is blocked off for any parades that come through. Usually the grown kids and their families come over before the shut down the main road, park at my house and walk up to watch the parade together. Then they come back here and we grill out and enjoy a family meal together.
What made it even better this year was having 6 different and delicious hot dips to try and share with everyone! We made it a fun “challenge” by not telling folks what the flavors of each dip was; they had to taste and guess! Here’s a list of what we got in our awesome party box from Tryazon:
- Hot Caramelized Onion Dip – Nothing is as satisfying as the great taste of a warm dip. The classic taste of Onion Dip mixed with a soft cheese such as Asiago. All natural ingredients ready to mix, heat and serve to your guests.
- Hot Crab Dip – One of our best selling dips, just add cream cheese, crab meat & heat. Serve in one of our popular Hot Dip Warmers. Or use it for a pasta sauce, simply prepare it according to the package directions, thin with a little milk or cream and toss with fettuccine!
- Hot Parmesan & Artichoke Dip – SOFI AWARD WINNING PRODUCT. Fresh from the oven, the richest & tastiest dip ever with melted cheese on top, ready to enjoy with crusty bread or crackers.
- Chipotle Garlic Baked Dip – Hot and spicy dip with cheese, sour cream and more! Want it less spicy? Only add half of the spice package!
- Spinach Artichoke Baked Dip – Complex and deep flavors combine to make this delicious, creamy dip, perfect on chips, crackers or just on a spoon!
- Hot Cheddar & Bacon Dip – A smooth, creamy cheddar taste with smokey bacon flavor. Fresh from the oven, the richest & tastiest dip ever with melted cheese on top, ready to enjoy with crusty bread or crackers. Share with family and friends around the table. Just follow our simple instructions using easy ingredients from the fridge or local food market.
- Cranberry Red Dip Baker (2) – A versatile casserole dish good for baked dips, large size baked brie & many other uses. This is perfect to go from the oven straight to the party table.
- Chips for Dip – Extra thick cut Russet Potatoes, old fashioned kettle cooked in small batches to ensure the best taste and texture with a touch of Sea Salt added. Made for us with Russet Potatoes, grown, harvested, cooked and packaged on a family Farm in New Brunswick. The perfect pairing for our Award Winning Gourmet du Village dips. Of course no Preservatives, no Artificial Colors, no Trans Fat and Gluten Free.
Let me explain a little about our taste test challenge. While everyone was at the parade, a few of us mixed up the dip ingredients and got them all baked and arranged on the table. Then we set out the Chips for Dip in bowls, plus our own crackers, bread, and bagel slices for dipping. Once everyone arrived back to the house, I explained about the party kit sent by Tryazon and then explained about the Gourmet du Village company.
This was a bunch of fun as folks guessed and argued over the flavors. Some folks got right away and a few left more than one person honestly confused. All were delicious, don’t get me wrong! There was a definite favorite though overall.
The hot Caramelized Onion Dip was the big winner out of all six flavors!!
I will say some of our men enjoyed the spicy chipotle garlic dip and one of my daughters kept most of the crab dip for herself LOL! But none of them disappointed and they were gobbled up right alongside our other party favorites from the grill.
And a big thank you to Tryazon.com for sending us this awesome Gourmet du Village Dipping Party kit!!
Disclosure: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned in this article in exchange for my honest opinion. Regardless, I will only recommend products or services I use personally or believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”