January BlogHer Writing Challenge Day 1
New month new writing challenge begins. This month it is all about habits. I hope you will join me and participate right along beside me. You can leave your responses to the daily challenges at the bottom of each post.
January BlogHer Writing Challenge Day 1:
What are your resolutions for the new year?
My 2015 Resolutions are:
- Spend at least an hour a day in prayer and scripture study – This was selected as I have several ladies studies coming up and will need to remain faithful in my study time in order to be able to be in service to the ladies during our study groups.
- Complete my book – sadly it has been 99% for almost two (2) years. Time to finish it and release it to the world!
- Create time with daughter #4 and #5 as they will be leaving for college in the fall of 2015 – I am amazed at how fast they have grown up and are stepping out in their faith. College for both of them in opposite directions will be tough on this mom of seven!
- Organize home and work hours and areas – My goal is to separate home and work a little more. Work has overtaken our lives in 2014 and I really feel I would be more productive in both areas if there were set boundaries.
- My theme for 2015 is Grace – I really need to work on not holding others up against an imaginary standard. We all face different struggles in our lives and without a relationship with someone I believe I need to step off and stay out of the way. Maybe Duck would be a better theme.. Duck and Let God handle it. So often I just know what others need to do to get out of their situation; but they just don’t listen! Imagine that! So this year, I am praying more and saying less.
I am limiting my 2015 Resolutions to the top five on my list. If these areas are covered, the rest of my list should be easy to just check off and done.
What are your 2015 Resolutions? I would love to hear about them below in the comment area. Also, do you have any suggestions for me that would make these resolutions more manageable?
Today’s post is Day 1 of a month long group blogger challenge. If you missed any of the previous challenges, you can catch up HERE.
Don’t forget to connect with us on our social platforms and leave a comment below to be entered into our monthly fan drawing for a $10 Amazon Gift Card.