Manage Your Smart Home With Logitech Harmony Elite From Best Buy
I will admit that I am a tech junkie. But have you seen the smart home gadgets that allow you to talk to your house? I want a smart home. As it is now, we have several of the interactive products that are connected through the WiFi but when Best Buy said they were sending over the new Logitech Harmony Elite Smart Remote Bundle, I think I squealed!
Imagine using a remote that has compatibility with thousands of devices. Today, there are over 270,000 devices that can be controlled to manage your smart home. Mind blowing I know! I can manage our televisions, cable, all three of our gaming systems, not to mention the lights, door locks, and our Roku® media player.
As much as I love tech devices, I have to admit that I am clueless when it comes to connecting them all together. This mom has been known to call her children at work to ask what buttons I need to push on the three remotes in order to watch a movie. Sad I know..but..the Logitech Harmony Elite Smart Remote was so easy to set up that I did it – all by myself! Woohoo!
Setting it up did take some time and a lot of reading directions. I think the best thing was the compatible Harmony app that you download and use to sync the remote with your phone. Once you get the basic system set up, adding additional devices are easy.
Now when I pull into the driveway, I can turn on the lights before coming into the house. I can also turn off the alarm system which is great when my hands are full.
With the Harmony Elite Universal Remote, you can set up what they call scenes (preset lighting levels and playlists) so you can just press a button or use your voice to activate. I am having a blast playing with our Phillips Hue lights. I had no idea they had all the color options!
It won’t be long before I have every room turned into a smart room. I already have the speakers connected so we can listen to our playlist in every room. I can’t wait to add more Phillips Hue lights and even a new thermostat so the temperature can be adjusted for when we are home or away.
The features of the Harmony Elite Universal Remote include:
- Compatible with more than 270,000 devices for easy control over a wide range of entertainment components and home automation devices, including lights, locks, and thermostats.
- Control devices inside closed cabinets and through walls
- Works with Alexa and Google Home voice control your home and entertainment. Tell Alexa or Google Assistant to turn on Netflix, dim the lights, play music, check traffic, order food, adjust the thermostat, and much more.
- Sleekly designed and featuring a color touchscreen with motion-sensing backlit keys, and one-touch automation
- Harmony Elite makes universal home control intuitively magical. Leave the chaos of multiple apps and remotes behind, and let peace reign supreme.
The Harmony Universal Remote can be used to:
- Harmony Elite and your Amazon Alexa can control your entire home entertainment experience with just your voice.
- With Harmony Elite and Amazon Alexa, you can enjoy easy, hands-free control of all the things you love. Turn on your TV, change channels or turn up the volume, fire up a playlist or set the mood for movie night… your voice makes it all work, just like magic.
- Harmony Elite and Alexa let you start your favorite activities no matter what they are.
- Start an Activity like “Sports Night” to turn on ESPN, dim the lights and even crank up the subwoofer to make it feel like you’re practically at the game. When it’s time to switch gears and turn on “Date Night”, just say the word.
- Harmony Elite unifies control of your expanding universe of home entertainment and smart home devices into one powerful yet effortless experience. Sleekly designed and featuring a color touchscreen with motion-sensing backlit keys, and one-touch automation, Harmony Elite makes universal home control intuitively magical. Leave the chaos of multiple apps and remotes behind, and let peace reign supreme.
The basic system for the Harmony Elite Universal Remote include:
- Harmony Elite Universal Remote
- Harmony Hub, charging station
- 2 IR mini-blasters
- USB cable, 2 AC adapters
- Owner’s manual
If this is something that you would like more information on or if like me, need to find other devices to add to the system, visit BestBuy.com or stop by your local Best Buy store. They have the Logitech smart remote and can answer all your questions.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.