McCormick Place Hyatt
Vacation planning is underway in our home. We try to coordinate with as many of the older/married children’s schedules as we can. One of our trips recently was to Chicago where we stayed at the McCormick Place Hyatt. It was a whirlwind trip and we are planning on returning this summer when we can take our time and see all the local attractions.
Having not spent time in the city before, I was thrilled to see how centrally located this place was to everything!
For anyone in the Chicago area looking for a comfortable place to rest your head during your travels, may I suggest looking no further than the McCormick Place Hyatt? With sweeping views of Lake Michigan and designed to make you feel at home while being away from home, the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place hotel is the place to be if you’re on the hunt for a luxurious place to call home for the duration of your stay. Named the fifth largest Hyatt hotel in the world, the Chicago Regency McCormick Place is home to 1,258 newly renovated guestrooms that boast views of the city, lake and museum campus.
I had to laugh at all the signs – reminding guests to be quiet after 9:00PM and before 7:00 AM..makes me wonder if being so close to the convention center on game nights makes this place rock!
Key hotel features to take note of if you’re considering a stay at the Hyatt include but aren’t limited to:
- PDA & Express Checkout available.
- Hertz Car Rentals.
- Flexible Meeting Rooms.
- Indoor Heated Lap Pool.
- Jogging/Walking Trails along Lake Michigan.
- Sun deck.
- Executive Suite. Offers a spacious layout for guests to enjoy as well as a breathtaking view of the windy city.
- City View King. Guests can enjoy views of the Chicago Skyline while spending downtime in the contemporary King Guestroom.
- Standard. Each of these contemporary styled rooms offers a King sized Hyatt Grand Bed along with high speed internet access, 37″ flat screen and in-room dining service.
- Accessible. These Americans with Disabilities Act compliant guestrooms feature a king bed and accessible shower. It also features some nifty accessories like lowered shelves, lowered thermostat and light switches, bathroom grab bars and more, all to be more easily accessible to those with disabilities.
- View. Guests can view both Museum Campus and Lake Michigan from their room. Each of these luxurious rooms include a Hyatt Grand Bed, high speed internet access and lavish bath complete with designer bath products.
Donna porter says
The McCormick Place Hyatt looks like my type of hotel. My hubby has been to Chicago on business so I will pass this along to him!
Wow, what a nice hotel. I have not stayed at a Hyatt Hotel before but looks like they have some great amenities.
Debbie Welchert says
Wow it sounds like a great place to stay. It has everything I need if I was to stay there. I was in Chicago once but we never left the airport.
Sandy Klocinski says
Looks like an awesome hotel. If I ever go to Chicago, I will be sure to stay here. Hyatt is my favorite chain
Looks like a very nice hotel. I do love the signs as a reminder to be quiet for the other guests.
Dana Rodriguez says
Very nice hotel!
A fancy cosy place to relax and rest.
Christa Sloan says
I’ve never been to Chicago. If I ever go, I will consider staying here, I like the spacious rooms.
gloria patterson says
nice hotel………… my sister was a independent travel rep over the years for Barbados, Bahamas, EL AL airlines, Hertz to just name a few. She spend at least 150+ night a year in hotels and her favorite was Hyatt. Over the years she said they had the best beds.
gloria patterson says
Nice looking hotel, I have stayed at a few Hyatt and they were nice………. Shocked at the parking cost, I am old enough to remember parking being free. 🙂
Barbara Blanton says
The hotel looks like a nice, comfortable place to stay during vacation. Thanks for the information!
Debra Giordano says
looks like a nice hotel, thanks for the info
Deborah Uhl says
Love Hyatt. Looks nice.
Lauryn R says
This sounds like a great location! I have been to a Hyatt before and loved it, it was very comfortable! 🙂
Jerry Marquardt says
I think this looks like a nice place to spend a vacation. Thanks for sharing this fine place to go.
Donna B says
This is a great review. Looks like a great hotel to stay in.
This looks like such a cozy hotel. It makes me want to go on more vacations. 🙂
Donna B says
Looks like a great place to stay. Hyatt is my favorite place to stay when traveling.
Sherry Compton says
Looks great! A view of Lake Michigan and a comfortable room. I like all the amenities, too. They really take care of you.
Sara schwab says
Theses beds look real comfy I want one
dana vento says
The McCormick Place Hyatt looks like the perfect retreat after work or after a day traveling ..