National Crafts & Cowboy Festival
Fall and Winter festivals are my favorite. I love the cooler temps and all the beautiful colors. One of our favorite places to visit is Branson, Missouri. This town has something for everyone..especially family groups. I think this is the number on reason it is so special.
Of course you can’t visit Branson without spending at least a day at the Silver Dollar City.
They have shows and rides for all ages. Also included when visiting, are their amazing festivals. The next one coming up is the National Crafts & Cowboy Festival from September 13 – October 28, 2017. My crew will be visiting soon and I hope you will follow along on social media. Heck, why not just meet us there!!
The National Crafts & Cowboy Festival, features some of the nation’s finest craftsmen and authentic cowboys as well as other super interesting events for the family including:
- The Home of American Craftsmanship presents the nation’s largest festival of demonstrating craftsmen, with entertainment and activities saluting the Great American Cowboy:
- Over 125 visiting craftsmen from around the country demonstrate their art, including Best of Missouri Hands juried artists, all joining Silver Dollar City’s 100 demonstrating craftsmen.
- Silver Dollar City’s Wild West Show features trick riders, Native American dance with 8-time World Champion Native American Hoop Dancer Nakotah LaRance, comedy canines, and trick roper and bullwhip artist A.J. Silver.
- Legendary Western actor and watercolor artist Buck Taylor hosts “Buck Taylor’s Cowboy Emporium,” featuring a variety of Western crafts.
- Plus Chuck Wagon & Food Network Chef Kent Rollins and Extreme Mustangs are featured in the Red Gold courtyard.
- A Western Barn Dance presents kick-up-your-heels fun, with a live band.
- Western music with groups including The Malpass Brothers, The Home Rangers, Belinda Gail and Kristyn Harris, 2016 Western Music Association Entertainer of the Year.
- NEW: The nation’s pioneer culinary heritage comes to life with campfire cooking and cowboy cuisine, including Cowboy Beef Stew and Dutch Oven Desserts.
After the National Crafts & Cowboy festival is over, comes their simply breath taking Christmas festival.
The festival is called, An Old Time Christmas festival is open from November 4 through December 30, 2017, and is really like walking back in time. This event has been named one of the nation’s most acclaimed Christmas festivals, profiled by USA Today, CNN Travel, The Travel Channel and Good Morning America, is even bigger and brighter this year with an all-new area:
New this year is the Christmas in Midtown. This 70,000 sq. ft. area filled with new light displays 9 stories high, including 30 angels, animated reindeer pulling a sleigh, 3 light tunnels, two 40-foot long moving trains, dozens of stars and snowflakes, and a 50-foot tree, all created at Silver Dollar City is something you do not want to miss!
- Christmas in Midtown, the largest single lighting expansion to date in the past 2 decades of the festival, adds 1.5 million new lights, bringing the park’s total to 6.5 million lights!
- Rudolph’s Holly Jolly Christmas Light Parade, led by the most famous reindeer of all, features musical lighted floats with 200,000 lights accompanied by 33 costumed characters.
- Rudolph’s Christmas Town, where kids can meet Rudolph, Clarice and Bumble, also includes activities from Reindeer Games to cookie decorating.
- Two original musical productions present Broadway-style experiences, with elaborate sets and talented casts: It’s a Wonderful Life, adapted from the Frank Capra classic, and the acclaimed production A Dickens’ Christmas Carol.
- The Christmas on Main Street light & sound show features the 5-Story Special Effects Christmas Tree with over 350,000 colorful LED lights.
- Tinker Junior’s Toy Shop is an interactive show for kids featuring a 12-foot talking and singing Christmas tree.
- Kids can meet Santa in Santa Claus Lane, illuminated in colorful lights.
Plus, the festival presents holiday shows, a musical Living Nativity, shows, rides, shopping and new Silver Dollar City dining specialties.
During An Old Time Christmas, Silver Dollar City is open Thursdays – Sundays, plus Wednesdays Nov. 22 and December 20, and open after Christmas Dec. 26-30.
If you are considering visiting Branson and the Silver Dollar City this fall, make sure to visit the Silver Dollar City website for hours, ticket information and details on all their special events.
Another activity you can not miss when in the area is the Showboat Branson Belle. Just take my word for it… get your tickets early because they do sell out.
You will be treated to an wonderful meal and an amazing show that will have your attention captured for hours. Seriously, you don’t want to miss the attraction.
This post is sponsored by US Family Guide and the Silver Dollar City.
Donna K Peterson says
Thank you for your post. Last year was our first time going to Silver Dollar City at Christmas. It is now one of our annual visits. It is breath-taking!