Probably because we are a large family but when our family gathers for meals or celebrations we usually end of with close to thirty people attending. Due to this, beverages are planned as closely as the menu items. We often will serve a punch type beverage which is far more economical than sodas. This “Punchless Margarita” is awesome! Not only is it delicious, it can be served as a slushy or over ice once it thaws. Also, because it does not contain alcohol, the entire family can enjoy it.
- 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 cup powdered sugar or SPLENDA
- 6 cups crushed ice
- 2 2 liter bottle carbonated lemon-lime beverage (regular or sugar free)
- 4 thinly sliced limes
- If you are blessed with a crushed ice dispenser, skip this step. Otherwise, crush ice in food processor or place in baggies and let the kids whack it for you
- Blend frozen concentrates, sugar and crushed ice on low until mixed well
- Store in freezer safe container and store until needed (whipped topping or margarine containers are perfect for storing this because you will be able to get the mixture out easily)
- Place frozen mixture in punch bowl and slowly pour both carbonated beverage bottles into the mixture (slowly as it will foam up)
- Break up the mixture as it thaws, stirring often
- Serve in colored sugared or salt rimmed glasses
Looking for a smaller recipe for Mock Margarita? This one will fit in your blender or smoothie machine.