Roasted Red Potatoes
Roasted little red potatoes have to be one of the most often prepared snack that my teens make on their own. It would be a close race between red potatoes and sweet potato wedges. The recipe is simple enough and almost fool proof…Just make sure to allow plenty of room on your baking dish so each bite can crisp up and absorb the seasonings. When we are enjoying these as just a snack, we like to sprinkle crushed rosemary or red pepper flakes on them as soon as they come out of the oven.
- 1 bag (about 2 pounds) Red Potatoes
- 4 Tablespoon Oil (Grape seed, Olive, Coconut)
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash – as in really scrub the potatoes to remove the dirt and grime
- Cut potatoes in half or quarters – you want bite size pieces
- Place cut potatoes into large bowl and liberally salt and pepper
- Drizzle oil over potatoes, toss well to coat all pieces
- Spread potatoes out on a baking pan in a single layer (use two pans to prevent crowding)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes – until potatoes are brown and crispy
Serve as side dish with just about anything or allow to cool and use in other recipes such as a potato salad or soup.
Lynne B says
Roasted red potatoes are such a great, quick and easy side dish. Thanks!
abedabun dawn says
All of a sudden, I am hungry lol
laurie nykaza says
I will have to try making them for the family using your recipe they sounds so good. We love red potatoes they have so much flavor.
Lisa Ehrman says
These look and sound delicious! They are also easy to make. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Minta Boggs says
I love roasted red potatoes! They are so versatile with all kinds of dinners!