Super Easy Cranberry Relish
While there are some dishes I will spend hours working on….cranberry relish is NOT one of them. I like it with turkey or pork roast. Most of my family doesn’t eat it so this is not one of our larger portion dishes on the table.
That said; this is a super easy cranberry relish recipe!
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh work best, but frozen will do – thaw and drain first)
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained (I use 18-20 oz)
- 2 apples – peeled, cored and cut into wedges (peeling is optional – any apple you like will work)
- 2 cans mandarin oranges, drained (I use the 11-12 oz cans)
- 1 teaspoon Splenda (more to taste if needed) – yes you can use regular sugar
Combine all items in food processor or blender and pulse until desired consistency. That’s all there is to it! You can chop by hand, but it is messy 🙁 .
After the holiday meal, I have used the leftovers in some strange ways:
- Process in food processor until really smooth and use on toast like jam.
- Place leftovers in ice tray and freeze for later. Single servings at their best!
- Use in stew made from left over pork roast and turkey (no one knows this so I hope my secret is safe LOL).
- Use in a Jello mold
So if your family is like mine and you always have leftover cranberry relish… make it anyway! It is your holiday too….
Leave a Reply