Texas Caviar / Black Eye Pea Salad
This has to be one of my favorite cold salads. We enjoy it year round.
Fresh cilantro makes this dish. Flexible enough to use fresh or canned items, makes this a go to dish for any gathering.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 canned diced works / drained)
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro, chopped (parsley or cilantro or combo)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2-3 teaspoons minced/jarred)
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) black eyed peas, drained
- 1 bottle Zesty Italian dressing
Optional items to change it up:
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped (with or without seeds)
- Combine all items, mix well
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chill – if you can keep the crew out of it!
Serve with chips
This will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
Sandra Watts says
We like to make this too. It is super good.
I’ve made this in the past and taken it to a party as a dip with chips.
Annamarie V says
I have made this before it’s so good and everyone loves it.
Prefect. I was looking for a black-eyed pea recipe for New Years eve. This one looks scrumptious! Thanks.
This sounds delightful. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
I am a vegetarian so I like to try different types of salads, and this looks like something I would love to try. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I love the name of this salad! And all the ingredients look so good! I will be making this for sure.
Melissa @ Stockpiling Moms says
This is our favorite recipe. It is so easy to make Texas Caviar for parties!
lisa lo says
Pinned. I live in Texas so this sounds like a good one everyone will like at my home.