The Best Cobb Salad
If your family loves salads, you are going to fall in love with this spin on a Cobb Salad. I think this is the Best Cobb Salad around and it is so easy to make (or let your crew make their own) that you will want to have the ingredients on hand all the time. The hardest part of this recipe is getting everything ready and NOT eating most of the ingredients yourself. So when the recipe calls for 6 slices.. go ahead and make the entire pound package! I can promise you that you will not have to worry about leftover bacon!
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 3-4 eggs
- 6-8 slices of bacon
- Favorite Salad Dressing
- 1 chunk of feta or blue cheese
- I start my eggs off in cold, salted water. Bring to a boil and let cook for 18-20 minutes. When done, remove from heat, drain and cover in cold water (toss in a couple of ice cubes to chill quickly). Peel and chop.
- While the eggs are boiling, cook the bacon strips. I cook my bacon in the oven but you can also cook it on the stove top or in the microwave. Drain and cut or crumble.
- To get everything set up to assemble, peel, chop, dice or crumble as needed the avocado, tomatoes, onion, and cheese. Set aside in little bowls (I combine everything into one large bowl but my family likes it all on their salads. If you have picky eaters you might want to keep them separated).
- Cut the head of lettuce into four quarters and place on the individual serving plates.
- Take each plate and add the toppings. Drizzle your favorite dressing over the top. My crew are split also equally between Ranch and Blue Cheese dressing so I just have both on hand.
- Top with your choice of cheese. Again we are split on blue cheese and feta so both are offered.
If you are making more than a couple of these salads, I would suggest setting up a salad center and let everyone make their own creation. Thankfully we do not have to worry about allergies to food at our house, just picky eaters that have learned to pick things out or make their own. Either way, everyone is happy with this salad.
Michele Brosius says
I really like the “salad center” idea. I think I will definitely try that at our next family dinner.
I love this salad recipe!
Jerry Marquardt says
This looks like a wonderful Cobb Salad. I am going to use your special instructions to make it for a get together on Salturday.
Cathy Jarolin says
91 biggest Number… This Cobb salad sounds Delicious. I will pin it to my salad Board!! I am into all kinds of salads. Thankyou so much for sharing this scrumptious recipe. :0)~~
Jeanna Massman says
I love the idea of having a bunch of yummy ingredients and letting everyone mix their own salads! This like having a salad bar at home!
loved this , you should add it to our link party