The Near Journal
Spending time in the Word is something that we all should do everyday. Okay, but how? I struggled with this as the author of this journal shares they did too as a young Christian.
The Near Journal is a daily study notebook set up to encourage your personal study time and spiritual growth.
About the book:
The Near Journal is flexible; and can be used with normal bible reading or it can also be used as a complement to a themed/topical bible study. The Near Journal helps people read the bible, journal their thoughts, experience personal growth in an area important to them, express daily gratitude, track and see how God answers their prayers, and helps them memorize scripture – all in an easy to use 90 day journal.
The Near Journal also features:
- Blank lined pages in the back for note taking.
- 16 of the blank pages are perforated, so you can easily tear out a note if you are on the go.
- Pocket inside back cover used to hold additional pieces of paper, church bulletins, or note cards.
About the Creator, Jacob Vandenbark:
Jacob started this journal because he needed it himself. He’d always struggled to have a consistent daily quiet time, and when he used prewritten/themed devotional books he always felt that all he was doing was reading and answering some questions – and was still neglecting prayer, memorization, and growth. So he set out to build himself something that would help him have an excellent daily quiet time – without telling him what to read, study, or learn.
God is there, always waiting to help us – but sometimes we have to take the first step. That is what Jacob always had the most trouble with, taking that step and putting himself in a position to draw near to God. The Near Journal was developed to make it easier for people to draw near to God, so he will draw near to them.
One of my favorite verses is James 4:8 that reads: Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. It reminds me that when I feel alone or overloaded, I need to check myself and see if I am still drawing near to God or if I have let life get in the way.
Studying the Word doesn’t have to be complicated. We tend to make a lot of things more complicated than necessary and spending time digging into the Word so it can come to life inside our hearts is really a simple process.
This journal states is perfectly: THE NEAR JOURNAL: An uncomplicated yet empowering way for you to draw near to God, simplify your life, and be happier.
There you go..everything you need to know to be able to dig into the Word and learn from it. Well, you do need a little more than that, but the concept is right.
You need to do the time. You need a way to develop and strengthen your lifelong Christian habits that will change your life and bring you closer to God. The habits take time and effort, just like any new habit. But once you have made them, you will find that you are stronger and more at peace.
In the Near Journal, the author covers the five anchors of success. These are areas that they found personally helpful in their Spiritual growth.
These anchors are:
1. Room to Write – Each day there is room for you to write your thoughts on the passages read or what may be on your mind.
2. Personal Growth and Accountability – Our actions become our habits. Each day there is a area for you to track your actions and make plans to implement new ones.
3. Cultivating Thankfulness – Keeping a grateful heart and attitude has been shown to keep us in a better state of mind and happier. Each day there is an area to track the things that you are grateful for in your life.
4. Power of Prayer – Our direct line of communication with God in through prayer. Each day there is an area for you to track the things you are praying about both for yourself and others. I like to track answered prayers so when I am feeling down, I can look back and see how many things God has done in my life.
5. Memorization of Scriptures – Having scriptures buried deep in your heart and mind are such a blessing when hard times come. Think about the songs you remember and can recall when you need them..same thing with God’s Word. It is comforting in a time of need.
I like the way this journal is set up. It is very similar to the system that I have used for years. I think it would be helpful for anyone that is looking for an organized way to study and keep track of their growth and habits.
You can order your copy of The Near Journal HERE.
I received a complimentary digital or physical copy of this book/Ebook/Product to review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations. I am part of The CWA Review Crew.