The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2018
When I was young, my grandparents used to order The World Almanac® and spend hours reading it with me. I loved it! Now that just about everything is at your fingertips online, you don’t see the beauty in the printed book as much. This year should be the year that you order The World Almanac® because it is the 150th year and is quite frankly, one impressive piece of material to read.
How does the Trump administration’s first year compare to those of past presidents? How do Harvey and Irma stack up against other historic hurricanes? While 2017 was a momentous year, its significant events will live on and gain context in The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2018 comes out today! The 150th anniversary edition of America’s best-selling reference book celebrates its illustrious history while keeping an eye on the future in order to be your go-to source for questions on any topic in the upcoming year.
New features include “150 Years of The World Almanac,” with highlights from its distinguished past and some old-fashioned “facts” illustrating how its defining mission has changed with the times; “World Almanac Editors’ Picks: Greatest Single-Season Performances,” featuring athletes’ best single-season runs; “Statistical Spotlight,” featuring infographics relevant to the biggest stories of the year; and “The Obama Presidency,” a recap of the policy achievements and challenges of the 44th U.S. president.
Favorite sections making their return include “Year in Sports,” “Top 10 News Topics,” “The World at a Glance,” “Time Capsule,” “Offbeat News Stories,” and “Historical Anniversaries.”
“For 150 years, The World Almanac and Book of Facts has remained a constant, authoritative source for people all around the globe,” said Sarah Janssen, senior editor of The World Almanac. “In this anniversary edition, we’ve included special features that look back on our proud history and key milestones from the past—along with additions that spotlight the past year’s developments. And with The World Almanac, you’ll take on 2018 with all of the information you’ll need in the year to come.”
Highlights from The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2018 include:
- 150 Years of The World Almanac: This special feature celebrating The World Almanac‘s historic run includes highlights from its distinguished past and some old-fashioned “facts” illustrating how its defining mission has changed with the times.
- Historical Anniversaries: The World Almanac‘s recurring feature expands to incorporate milestone events and cultural touchstones dating to the book’s founding year, from the impeachment of President Andrew Johnson to the publication of Little Women.
- The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
- The Obama Presidency: A year after Barack Obama’s second term came to a close, The World Almanac reviews the accomplishments, missteps, and legacy of the 44th president.
- Other New Highlights: A brand-new biography of the 45th president and profile of the Trump administration; official 2016 election results; and statistics on criminal incarceration and sentence lengths, health care, overdose deaths, shootings, terrorism, and much more.
- The Year in Review: The World Almanac takes a look back at 2017 while providing all the information you’ll need in 2018.
- 2017—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac list the top stories that held the world’s attention in 2017.
- 2017—Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring a preview of the upcoming 2018 Winter Olympic Games; complete coverage of the 2017 World Series; new tables of NBA, NHL, and NCAA statistics; and much more.
- 2017—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2017, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports.
- 2017—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac editors found some of the quirkiest news stories of the year, from the king who secretly worked as an airline pilot for decades to the state that’s auctioning off its governor’s mansion.
- World Almanac Editors’ Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2017, from news and sports to pop culture.
The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2018 is available for purchase at online and wherever books are sold. For the eBook version, please check your online retailer.
About The World Almanac
The World Almanac‘s history as a publisher of award-winning reference titles dates back 150 years. The imprint includes the iconic title The World Almanac and Book of Facts, the best-selling American reference book of all time.
The World Almanac brand is part of Infobase Holdings, an educational media company that owns such well-known brands as Facts On File, Films Media Group, Chelsea House, Bloom’s, and Ferguson’s. Infobase is a portfolio company investment of Veronis Suhler Stevenson, a private equity firm that invests in the media, information, and education industries.
This press release was provided to us through the media outlet of The Rosen Group. Please address any concerns or issues about this publication to their office.
Leave a Reply