Christmas Budget and Gift Log
Christmas Budget and Gift Log
The FREE Christmas Budget and Gift Log is an excel based spreadsheet. If you would like it in a pdf version, please click Print Here.
To read more on staying within budget, read my article on 10 Tips to Stay on Budget for Christmas.
To use the FREE Christmas Budget and Gift Log simply fill in the blanks as you go…
- Name of gift recipient or family if gifting as a group – Creating and maintaining a list will save you time, energy and stress as the holiday approaches.
- Budget Amount – Think about how much your budget allows for a gift (this can be updated later but fill in an amount as you start to work up your budget plans).
- Gift Ideas / Websites – Drop in a couple of ideas or websites that you think of or that the recipient has requested.
- Amount Spent – Once you start making purchases whether large or small, enter them on your spreadsheet. This is the only way to keep your spending under budget and to assure yourself that you have covered all the people on your list.
- Gift Item – Enter the gifts as you purchase them. The block in the spreadsheet will expand if you have several gifts to enter. Again, keep up with this as you make purchases to ensure you stay in target with your spending.
- Wrapped – Wrap as you purchase or better yet, have the gift wrapped before it is mailed to you or wrapped at the counter in the store where purchased. Keeping up with your wrapping will save you time and stress as the holiday comes closer.
- Mailed – Mail early to save the most money. Mark when you mail the gifts. Waiting until a couple of days before the holiday will cost you more in postage than the gift! Page two of the FREE Christmas Budget and Gift Log has a mailing tracker sheet.
- Spreadsheet keeps up with your budgeted amount, actual amount spent and the difference.
I hope you enjoy the FREE Christmas Budget and Gift Log! Making a plan for your spending and sticking to it is one of the best ways to have a stress free holiday.
Shannon Leigh says
Thanks for the printables and the advice!
lista de email says
i really appreciate coming here everyday to see what’s new on your website
Kelly R says
This is great , Thank you for sharing.
Susan Bewley says
This is pretty darn spiffy! I always keep lists so this is awesome!
Those are some great ideas. I dread wrapping gifts.
Mary Walker says
That’s wonderful. I always keep lists, it helps me stay organized. Thanks
Allyson Bossie says
Please come organize for me! Of course, I shop all year so I don’t have to budget 😀 I just stockpile and my bedroom finally looks like a bedroom again after Christmas!
Love this! Thanks so much for sharing.
Danielle Royalegacy says
Thanks for posting this.
Amanda @ mommymaywe says
This is neat and would help me keep track of spending options very well. Thanks for sharing!
Now THIS is brilliant! I do try to stick to a budget but it can get out of hand sometimes…and easily WHILE you are shopping can’t it?
Pepper Tan says
That’s a splendid idea. We all need discipline to stick our Christmas budget. That log will help motivate us and keep things in check.
This is awesome! But I must say, I love locking myself in my bedroom as I wrap all the gifts!! It is one of my favorite parts! Extra boxes from the stores are awesome though!
This is def a handy way to organize during the holidays! (though I am very bad at this lol)
Hum—maybe this would keep me organized–thank you for sharing!